Each year the CPCAC Award of Distinction in Senior Care Pharmacy shall be presented to a senior care pharmacy practitioner who has continuously provided exceptional care to Canada's aging population, has demonstrated leadership and dedication in the advancement of geriatric pharmaceutical care and has supported clinically relevant pharmacological education.
1. To award individuals who consistently utilize their geriatric pharmacotherapy expertise to strive towards providing optimal quality of life in caring for the senior population and in the provision of pharmaceutical care.
2. To encourage pharmacy practitioners to become actively involved in CPCAC to advocate for aging Canadians, and demonstrate the value that Senior Care Pharmacists bring to the Canadian Healthcare landscape.
1. Nominees must be current members of the Coalition of Pharmacists Caring for Aging Canadians.
2. Nominees will have demonstrated their commitment to achieving optimal quality in the lives of seniors and in provision of pharmaceutical care for Canada’s aging population, including some of,
but not limited to, the following means:
· Consistent application of the principles of geriatric pharmacotherapy for seniors regardless of the practice setting.
· Development and use of expertise in one or more specific area(s).
· Publication or research based on outcomes and/or specialized knowledge.
· Presentation at professional associations/societies or seminars.
· Mentoring pharmacy students and/or other colleagues.
· Attaining specialized credentials and/or training related to geriatric pharmacotherapy, such as BCGP certification.
· Providing leadership in local, regional, provincial, national or international pharmacy or healthcare organizations, groups or conferences.
3. The nominee’s contributions to CPCAC will also be a consideration in the award decision.
All candidates must be nominated by three colleagues, at least one of whom is a CPCAC member (see the accompanying nomination form). Nominations for the CPCAC Award of Distinction in Senior Care Pharmacy must be made in writing, and must include the curriculum vitae of the nominee, along with a one-page narrative description of the qualifications of the candidate. Up to two additional supporting narratives and/or documentation to describe how the candidate meets the criteria will also be accepted.
Nominations must be received by the CPCAC office no later than 11:59 PM (Eastern Time) on Friday January 10, 2020, via email submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The CPCAC Board will appoint a Selection Committee. Decisions of the Selection Committee will be final and without appeal. CPCAC will notify the award winner by March 11, 2020.
CPCAC will be responsible for the promotion of the Coalition of Pharmacists Caring for Aging Canadians’ Award of Distinction in Senior Care Pharmacy. This award will be formally presented during the CPCAC Annual Scientific Meeting.
About the Association
CPCAC is a registered not-for-profit organization representing pharmacy professionals and other allied health partners caring for aging Canadians. Its focus is to empower and inspire innovation, integrity, excellence and empathy in its members through education, advocacy, research and collaboration.